The key practice for a preacher writing his sermon notes is to write not what he wants to say but what he would say on that topic if he had no notes at all.
All the important events in history are announced by the songs of birds.
What I've learned in a few months as a part-time editor.
- You can't edit your own writing.
- Editing other writers makes you a better writer.
- The best writing has been edited multiple times.
- Excellent editors are the dunedain of Christian publishing.
- All editing is better with coffee.
Pray, sing, and read your Bible on your knees. Pride can only look on with disdain and contempt.
Technology is amoral, but design and use are not. Surgeons don't operate with cleavers. Criminals don't assault with scalpels.
The recipients of God's covenant, steadfast, merciful love and benevolence are also those who find themselves wrestling with God. Deceivers become Wrestlers. Grace makes unexpected transformations.